Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 0: It's really real

Feb. 4, 2011.  1000.  Wow.
Here I am in the Toronto airport, waiting to get on the Air India flight direct to Delhi.  Thank god there is wi-fi here, and I just so happened to sit upon a chair for which there is a plug hidden in the floor. Serendipity! I count about 15 turbans, of all different colours, lots of women wearing scrunchies and not a white person to be seen in this whole area of the terminal. 

I promised myself I wouldnt cry, but the moment I waved goodbye to Thao, I had to stop at a chair and compose myself. Not easy to blubber away while carrying about 50 pounds of carry on, never mind what it's going to be like when I have to actually put my 30 pounds of backpack on my back AND carry everything else when I get to Delhi.  Has it hit me yet? I'm not sure.   I havent even spoken to anyone except the nice man who came up behind me in the security line and wished me good morning.

Anyways, here it begins.  Already I hear the shrill cry of billions of children and toddlers who are going to only get crankier once they board.  I'm betting that I will have the customary 3 year old kicking the back of my chair, as it seems to be the tradition of every flight i've been on in my travelling history.  I am hoping this time I dont lose my shit and ruin my eminent 16 hours in flight.

Here we go, this wild ride is about to start. God help and bless me.
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Sending you love, light, and anti-seat-kicking energy. You go girl!
    Love,
    Joni xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the adventure begins. Best wishes for many new and positive experiences.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old you to bits but can't wait to meet the new you. I'm very proud of you. xo
    t.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more :) I'm soooo excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete